Reiki is a beautiful healing art offering beneficial, calming, balancing and stress-reducing effects.
Definition of Reiki
Reiki is a spiritual healing art. It is not massage nor is it based on belief or suggestion. A Reiki session usually is between 60 and 90 minutes in length. The session is performed by a Reiki Practitioner (RP or RMT) using specific Reiki hand positions. During a Reiki session, the client is fully clothed while comfortably reclining on a massage table or seated in a chair. A Reiki session aids in stress reduction and it is almost always a very relaxing experience. Reiki sessions or classes are a great investment in yourself.
- A subtle and effective form of energy healing using spiritually guided life force energy (Rei-ki)
- Practiced in every country of the world
- Being used in many setting including hospitals, hospice, as well as in private practice and in self-care
- A wonderful complementary modality in a personal wellness or healing program
Reiki is not:
- Affiliated with any particular religion or religious practice
- New. Reiki energy itself is thousands of years old
Defining qualities of Reiki:
- A practice of transmitting healing energy through the hands
- Passed on through the attunement process
- The energy is not guided by the practitioner, but the energy has it’s own innate wisdom to guide itself.
- Reiki energy is not based on belief, faith or suggestion.
A Reiki session may help ease tension and stress and may help support the body to facilitate an environment for healing on all levels- physical, emotional and spiritual. A session is pleasant and relaxing and is most often utilized for one’s own personal wellness. A Reiki Level I class is a great gift to give to yourself. To find a Reiki Practitioner or Reiki Master Teacher in your area of the world please see Find a Reiki Practitioner or Teacher.
Please see Reiki Articles in the main menu above to learn more about Reiki. You may also type in your topic of interest in the search box to find articles. If you are new to Reiki, you may start with the following articles to learn more.
Please Note: Reiki is meant to be used as a complement to traditional care or as a personal relaxation or stress reducing tool. It is not a substitute for qualified medical or traditional care.